Thursday, August 2, 2012

So...you're building a house?


 “We’re building a house!” invokes a variety of different images - from picking out a spot in a new community; to designing a unique, fully custom home; to building a log cabin with your bare hands. So what are we actually doing? We bought a piece of land, found a builder, and picked out a standard floor plan that we can customize. We’re super excited, so I decided I’d document the process as we move along. Plus after the house is built, I already have a long list of projects I want to do, and it’s going to take a lot of effort to get the place actually looking like a home (especially considering we’re coming from a 1-bedroom condo!). 



And a little about our family - my name is Jess, and I live with my husband, Bryan; our dog, Smokey; and our kitty, Aria, in Northern Virginia.


(Center photo taken by: Theresa Choi Photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment